ReLOG3P is looking for a Lead Ethical Data Scientist (Full remote)
We are looking for an extremely BOLD and VISIONARY, “WITHOUT THE BOX” Ethical Lead Data Scientist, who is eager to and capable of making a real impact with her/his work!
This is the YOU we are looking for: Apple Steve Jobs Heres To The Crazy Ones – YouTube.
You must bring along a considerable and provable experience and passion in mastering data under any form, structured or unstructured, collecting, cleaning, analyzing, interpreting, finding, proposing, building and deploying valuable business insights from them, so to support ReLOG3P in developing unique, solid, creative, agile, scalable, reliable and sustainable solutions for its growth and success needs.
You will be working as a vital element of an extremely ambitious and dynamic environment, in constant, close contact and collaboration with the entire Company organization and, especially, tightly connected to our Team’s Data Scientist(s), Developer(s) and Blockchain expert(s).
You will be measured based on the on-time, on-scope, on-budget delivery of your identified and agreed short-mid-long-term objectives that will have to guarantee, at any time, to be ethical, values-based and following the “no-harm” approach from ideation to deployment and use!
What you will be doing
- Lead the Data Scientist(s) team, ideating, designing, implementing and handing-over projects algorithms that allows ReLOG3P’s delivering on its strategic business vision, mission and plans, providing support, guidance and coaching to Junior Data Scientist(s).
- Responsible to identify and integrate external and internal data sources and data sets from data mining that can be leveraged through our product capabilities.
- Work closely with the developers’ team to strategize and execute the development of data products, ensuring data quality and integrity as well as optimization and improvement of products and services development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Responsible to build analytic systems and predictive models, as well as machine learning, natural language processing and mathematical techniques tools so to ideate, create, implement and optimize products and services.
- Responsible to continuously perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy.
- Responsible to create, maintain and enhance data collection procedures so to include all relevant information for developing and nourishing analytic, data-driven systems and decision making.
- Responsible to ensure the use of the most suitable modeling tools so to increase and optimize customer experiences (horizontal and vertical), revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders in a clear and precise manner and propose solutions and strategies to tackle business challenges.
- Responsible of the writing and updating of technical documentation and manuals.
- Ensure that ReLOG3P’s products will comply with and embed “Ethics, Privacy and Security by Design and Responsible Innovation”, aligning and keeping up to date to the latest and upcoming EU regulations and directive on the matters of Data Science and Ethics, spotting and evaluating emerging/cutting edge, open source, data science/machine learning libraries/big data platforms.
- Ensure that ReLOG3P’s data science products will embed robustness, security, safety, modularity, scalability, transparency, traceability and man in the loop features and approaches.
- Working, in coordination with Founders, with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive bold and innovative business solutions.
Your bags of tricks
You must prove to us that you:
- Possess thick full scale experience, proficiency and hands-on knowledge (from ideation to designing, collecting, cleaning, analyzing, interpreting, building and deploying developing solutions) about data science and statistics tools and methods, not limited to: AI, ML, NLP/NLU, predictive methods, computer vision, fraud, speech and harms detection, wrangling, cleaning, prep, classification, regression, clustering, visualization, dimensionality reduction, querying from relational databases, just to name a few.
- Have important familiarity with, not limited: SQL, PostgreSQL, Big Data concepts, tools, and architecture, Python, MATLAB and R.
- Have dug into data spaces and data lakes matters, covering edge to cloud continuum as well as decentralization and federation solutions.
- Consider your work as a Lego brick on top of which we’ll build our future (see modular, scalable, vendor-agnostic, easy interfaceable).
- Have excellent skills in making your work lean (no-value coding is a waste), fully explainable, transparent, easy to present, either within your coding (we will always have to be able to proof why algorithms have taken a certain decision) as well as by verbal and written communication skills so to be able to explain complex technical matters in an easy way to non-technical people (grandma, grandpa, kids… Customers and investors…). Solutions will have to be built fully traceable, trackable and according to the man-in the-loop concepts.
- Needless to say, innovation run, and you continuously and proactively strive not only to stay up-to-date on new tools and features, but dream and work to “ride the wave” and be always upfront in identifying viable and fit-for-purpose solutions for your work and your Company’s strategic targets!
- Proof of completion of academy courses and/or study paths on ethic and responsible AI are highly preferred.
- Knowledge and past experiences with Blockchain and DLT related are also extremely valued.
- You can and enjoy translating ideas and strategies into a reality!
- You are an extremely curious, passionate, famelic person, always hungry to learn new things, always pushing up the bar of your comfort zone and foolish to think & act WITHOUT the box, like Steve Jobs used to say!
- You are creative, understand strategic and high-level objectives and translate them into technicalities to create products and services that meet Company’s targets while engaging, exciting Customers!
- Yet, as the perfect data scientist, you cannot not be fit with strong detailed-oriented and analytical skills to analyze information accurately and make logical, data-driven, risk-based decisions that help in reaching targets while mitigating and / or eliminating the risks.
- This also means you must possess strong problem-solving skills and attitude to proactively act to minimize and prevent errors and ability to develop bug-fixing applications to ensure the smooth conduction of tasks.
- You possess the aptitude to design, plan, develop, implement, manage and continuously improve your work and projects (lean management, CD/CI mindset).
- You must possess and prove excellent (self and team) time management, with the ability to work on multiple tasks to meet the tight deadlines typical of fast-paced Startups, while ensuring proper (quantitative and qualitative) execution of your tasks.
- You are able and willing to take real ownership and accountability (and recognition) of your work and get your hands dirty because you own it and you love it!
- You are naturally pro-active, able to work and to perform either independently as well as a key team player.
- You are a strong believer in and a continuous supporter and advocate of the Sustainable Development Goals and Ethical and Responsible Innovation. You stay constantly up to date on the “Ethics, Privacy and Security by Design” regulations, directives and recommendations by EU as well as by the most renowned international Authorities, Academies and R&D Entities.
- Last, but definitely not least: if you are NOT a strong believer in integrity, honesty, humbleness, values-based attitude… We are NOT looking for you!
- You have collected between 5 to 10 years of experience as (Ethical) Data Scientist.
- You have been exposed to translate strategies and business targets into life.
- You come with a natural and strong sense of urgency and constant care with team management skills.
- Experience in working on Sustainability related will be a huge plus for your selection.
- Professional proficiency in English is a must and to have knowledge of Italian as an added advantage: they are the two official languages of our Company!
- You come along with a strong desire to learn more about and contribute to the improvement of the Logistics, Supply Chain, Mobility and Transport domains. Furthermore, if you possess basic knowledge of it, you’ll have a great plus for us (although, no worries: reading materials and guidance will also be provided along the job!).
- The ability to work following the Europe time zone will be strongly preferred.
- You have experience and enjoy (seek for) working remotely, making full use of relevant team and knowing how to set up and work with project management tools.
Who is ReLOG3P?
ReLOG3P is an Innovative Startup born to boost the Sustainability (social and financial besides environmental) of the global, worldwide Logistics, Supply Chain, Mobility and Transport Ecosystem.
For the purpose of delivering upon our vision, mission and strategic targets, we have built the one and only “one-stop-shop” online platform that comes with 5 different services (tools), meant to accompanying our Customers into what we call their journey towards Sustainability.
We have just obtained our first important round of funding, which is now going to be used to boost quantity and quality of our team, our product and our visibility: this is where the Lead Ethical Data Scientist position comes into the picture as one of the key ones to actively support this boost and scaling up!
As Innovative Startup, we aim to: 1) innovate and disrupt (for good) and, 2) stand out of (and lead) the crowd. For that our entire Team need to be able to roll out and sustain high-speed decision and actions (on scope, on time, on budget)!
If, like us, you also see Sustainability as an unpostponable issue that we need to work on immediately and contribute with concrete actions and not just words, if you like working in a small team, fast paced, tight deadines with tons of challenges and opportunities environment, if you envision yourself in providing a vital contribution to this success… JUST APPLY!
Last, for now: we are putting our faces ahead and you will put yours too. This will require a constant and mutual trust and respect of each other and integrity. We will not compromise on those aspects, rather nourish and feed them all the time, and we look forward for you to feel and do the same.
About the position
- Assignment: full-time (40 hours per week), Long-term
- Starting date: immediately available
- Location: fully remote
- Type of contract: TBD
Interested? Just click apply and send us your resume and a cover letter (in English) and any other information you feel is important to share with us!